The finish of the 2015 Comrades Marathon will be at The Oval, Alexander Park in Pietermaritzburg. 4m x 4m Club tent sites have been demarcated in the stadium and clubs may book these at a cost of R500.00 per site. No fixed framed tents will be allowed inside the stadium.
As the number of sites is limited, bookings will be taken on receipt of payment and on a first come first serve basis. Please note that only clubs with 100 or more entrants into the Comrades Marathon will be allocated more than one site (maximum sites for any club will be 2).
|Picnic Hospitality Sites
A picnic village will be situated along the last Mile just before the runners enter the stadium. These sites will save the clubs the stress of trying to erect their own tents and of bringing in chairs, tables and catering equipment. Supporters will be able to cheer their runners along and join in the atmosphere of the final mile. Parking will also be available close to the stadium. We encourage clubs to support this hassle free facility.
Sites in this area will include the following:
- 1 x 5m x 3m Marquee
- 20 x Plastic Ancona Chairs
- 2 x trestle tables
- Picket fenced area - against the fence where the runners come in
- Flat Screen TV - R500.00 extra
- Electrical point - on request at an additional cost - R500 extra - NO URNS PERMITTED!
Cost = R 1000-00 per site
Catering: Will be provided by Ward Events.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Tent sites measure approximately 4m x 4m. Club tents must not exceed this size and must be free standing and open sided.
- No platforms, scaffolding or sponsors signage may be used at the tent sites.
- Although security is provided at the finish, neither the CMA, its sponsors, Ward Events or The Oval Cricket Stadium will take responsibility for any loss or damage to club property. Clubs are not permitted to dismantle other clubs tents to get a better position. CMA reserves the right to move allocated club sites around.
- No vehicles will be permitted into the stadium; trailers may be pushed into the demarcated area.
- Tent sites must be erected on Saturday 30 May 2015 by no later than 16h00.
- NO OPEN FIRES OR GAS CYLINDERS/BRAAIS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE STADIUM DUE TO FIRE & SAFETY REGULATIONS. IF FOUND, THESE WILL BE REMOVED BY SECURITY. Please make prior arrangements to bring flasks and pre-packed foods for your runners. Runners may also make use of the soup tent at the finish where hot beverages and soup will be provided.
- Due to strict rules laid down by Disaster Management Services only pre-booked sites will be available. No sites will be allocated for voluntary erection on race day - no confirmed booking, no site, no exceptions.
- You will NOT BE PERMITTED TO BRING ALCOHOL INTO THE STADIUM OR MAYORS GARDEN PRECINT as all these areas are licensed - alcohol may be purchased at the Beer garden situated in the Mayors Garden. This rule will be strictly enforced by the South African Police Services and the stadium security team.