The finish of the 2016 Comrades Marathon will once again be at Sahara Stadium Kingsmead in Durban on Sunday 29th May 2016. 4m x 4m Club tent sites have been demarcated and clubs may book these at a cost of R550.00 (Inc. of vat) per site.
As the number of sites is limited, bookings will be taken on receipt of payment and on a first come first pay basis. Only clubs with 100 or more entrants into the Comrades Marathon will be allocated more than one site. Please note that sites will not be allocated until proof of payment has been received. If a site has been paid for and all sites have already been allocated, a refund will be made back to the club concerned.
Dave Ward/Kerry Bester
Tel: 031 - 563 5645
Cell: 082 492 1995
Fax: 088 031 563 5645
|Hospitality Sites and Suites
TERMS & CONDITIONS TENT SITES
- Tent sites measure approximately 4m x 4m. Club tents must not exceed this size and must be free standing..
- Besides the tent sites in the grass section we have also demarcated 10 sites in the bottom section of the southern grandstand. These will be for clubs with 100 a more runners.
- No platforms, scaffolding or sponsors signage may be used at the tent sites.
- Although security is provided at the finish, neither the CMA, its neither sponsors, nor Sahara Stadium Kingsmead will take responsibility for any loss or damage to club property.
- No vehicles will be permitted into the stadium; trailers may be pushed into the demarcated area by hand, and left at the stadium to be collected on Monday 30th May 2016.
- Tent sites must be erected on 28th May 2016 by no later than 16h00.
- NO BRAAI FIRES OR GAS CYLINDERS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE STADIUM, IF FOUND, THESE WILL BE REMOVED BY SECURITY. Please make prior arrangements to bring flasks and pre-packed foods for your runners. Runners may also make use of the soup tent at the finish where hot beverages and soup will be provided.
- NO ALCOHOL MAY BE BROUGHT INTO THE STADIUM, IF FOUND, IT WILL BE REMOVED BY SECURITY.
- Catering options will also be available for club sites. These catering options will be sent once all sites have been sold and allocated. If you are however interested in catering options in the meantime please email
TERMS & CONDITIONS SUITE HOSPITALITY
- Due to the limited amount of suites these will only be confirmed and booked once we have received full payment
- Although security is provided at the finish neither the Comrades Marathon Association, it’s sponsors, nor Sahara Stadium Kingsmead will take responsibility for any loss or damage to club property.
- No vehicles will be permitted in the stadium after Friday 27th May 2016
- The suites will be opened on the following days and times for clubs to set up : Friday 27th May 2016 12:00 noon - 14:00 and Saturday 28th May 2016 12:00 noon - 14:00
- Suites will only be opened on “Race Day” 29th May 2016 at 11:00. Please ensure that a member of your club is at the suite at that time otherwise the suite will remain locked for security reasons.
- The suites will be closed and locked at 18:00 on ‘Race Day” 29th May 2016. Stadium lockdown is at 18:30.
- Suites will be reopened on Monday 30th May 2016 between 09:00 – 11:00 for clubs to clear their belongings.
- Catering options will also be available in the suites. These catering options will be sent once all suites have been sold and allocated. If you are interested in catering options in the interim please email